Common Slip and Fall Accidents

Contact Us Today!

When people hear about slip and fall injury claims, they often think of a wet floor in a grocery store. While this may seem to be the stereotypical slip and fall accident, there are many other common slip and fall accidents that clients come to us with on a regular basis. If you have been injured due to a faulty stair, handrail, or have fallen on residential property, please contact the Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum today to schedule a free consultation.

Common Slip and Fall Accidents | Faulty Handrail

I had a client come to me the other day and told me that they suffered an injury walking down a flight of steps outside of a municipal building, and the stairs did not have handrails. He was walking down, lost his balance, and literally fell over the side of the stairs onto the concrete below and suffered a broken leg. The first thing we needed to do is take measurements and photographs of the stairs. The first thing that you need to do is retain competent council to guide you through the process, to make sure a proper investigation is done, to ensure that we have the evidence that’s needed to pursue the highest possible recovery for you down the road.

Get Our FREE Slip and Fall Guide

Common Slip and Fall Accidents | Faulty Step

I had a client call me the other day who fell down a flight of steps. She wanted to know, “Do I have a case against the property owner?” I said possibly. She didn’t say that there was any defect on the step, so we have to investigate further. We were able to get onto the property and we took some measurements. We found that the risers in the steps were out of whack, that the step is too narrow and should be wider. There are certain code requirements that were not met, and that’s what caused her to fall. We were able to call her and tell her, yes, we believe that you have a case here. We believe that the property owner violated certain building code regulations, and we went ahead and began the process of pursuing a claim on her behalf.

Common Slip and Fall Accidents | Residential Property

If you’re here, chances are you suffered a slip and fall injury on a residential property in New York. There are lots of factors that come into play as to what you need to do when you suffer an injury on a residential property. One, you need to get photographs of the location where the accident occurred. I don’t mean a picture of the house; I’m talking about a picture of the spot where you fell. That becomes very important. The earlier those photographs are taken, the better. You want to make sure when you go to the hospital that you let the hospital and/or the ambulance personnel know that you fell while walking up or down the stairs and that that’s how your injury happened, that it’s documented.

You want to make sure you retain an attorney who knows how to handle personal injury litigation and how to handle slip and fall cases. That attorney will make sure the investigation is done properly, that the proper photographs are taken, if they can be taken, and that you do what you need to do to help ensure that we’re able to get the best recovery possible.

Were you or a loved one seriously injured from a slip and fall? Contact a New York slip and fall lawyer at The Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you.

Contact Us Today!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

© 2024 Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum.
All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer | Sitemap | Privacy Policy