Did you purchase a product, only to find the product didn’t work as intended and instead severely injured you as a result? If so, you should strongly consider speaking with a New York City defective product lawyer from the Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum at once. We’ve handled countless defective product claims on behalf of our wrongfully injured clients for decades, and we’re prepared to effectively handle your claim as well. Contact us today so we can begin working on your case.
Defective Product Lawyer Serving Clients in New York City
If you were hurt by a defective product, you should first understand that you have rights, and there is a strong chance that you qualify to be fairly and fully compensated. Our legal team is dedicated to helping those who’ve been injured by defective products in the five boroughs, and you can feel confident in appointing our New York City personal injury attorney to be your legal advocate throughout the claims process ahead.
Common Types of Defective Products
Unfortunately, virtually any type of product we purchase can, in one way or another, harm us when unsafely designed, manufactured or made available to the public without proper warnings/instructions. Some of the most commonly defective products are as follows:
- Defective car parts, such as tires, airbags, seatbelts, or brakes
- Defective safety equipment, such as construction harnesses
- Defective drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Defective household products, such as baby sleepers
- Defective power tools
As previously mentioned, there are three grounds on which you may bring a product liability claim. They are as follows:
- Negligent design: If you were hurt because a product was inherently unsafe from the start due to a defective or dangerous design, you may have a valid claim.
- Negligent manufacturing: Product manufacturers who deviate from previously-safe product blueprints can cause a product to become unsafe to use. When an injury occurs because of manufacturer deviation, the person hurt should have a valid claim.
- Failure to warn: Failure to include warning labels or instructions on a given product, such as a power tool, can result in very serious injuries.
Tips for Bolstering Defective Product Claims
First and foremost, after sustaining a serious injury because of a defective product, you should call emergency services to the scene and get medical treatment at once. You should also take pictures of the accident/your injuries and get the contact information of any witnesses. Also, and this is paramount, you mustn’t throw away the defective product. Your New York City defective product lawyer can use the product itself as evidence when it comes to bringing your defective product claim.
Contact a Product Liability Attorney Today
The bottom line is that if you’ve been harmed by a defective product and require the services of a competent and aggressive attorney who can take on the company that harmed you, you’re in the right place. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum to schedule your free initial consultation today.