Slip and Fall on City Property

If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall on city property, watch this video to learn about your rights, and contact us today for a free consultation.

Read Our FREE Slip and Fall Guide


Can I sue the city if I fell on a sidewalk or curb?


Chances are, if you’re here, you suffered a trip and fall injury on a sidewalk or a curb in New York. One of the questions that is often asked is who’s responsible for your injury? In certain situations, you can hold the municipality responsible. Let me give you an example:Slip and Fall on City PropertyIn the city of New York, there are statutes and in the statute, it states that the adjacent property owner is responsible for a trip and fall on a sidewalk. However, if the trip and fall happens at curbside, now it’s the responsibility of the city, or if the trip and fall involved a tree, that’s the responsibility of the Parks and Recreation. There’s a good chance that you have a claim against the city. The municipality could be held responsible, but as well, you would make sure to hire competent council to pursue a claim against the adjacent property owner.

Were you or a loved one seriously injured from a slip and fall on city property? Contact a New York slip and fall lawyer at The Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you.

Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel

Out of Town Resources:

These Tampa Bay Slip and Fall Lawyers have done a great job creating educational content. If you need help with a slip and fall claim in Tampa, we recommend you take a look at their website.