If you are seeking compensation after a motorcycle crash, the best thing to do would be to hire an experienced New York motorcycle accident lawyer. Contact the Law Offices of Brian J. Elbaum today to arrange a free consultation.
Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash | Insurance Coverage
Unlike other motor vehicle accidents in New York, you are not covered under “No Fault” insurance for your injuries. This means that you are not entitled to have your medical bills or lost wages covered automatically regardless of fault. If you want compensation, you will have to bring a claim. This is a significant fact because it may make recovering financially harder. Do not panic. This is not the end of your line. Your attorney can help you deal with filing a claim so that you can see the compensation you deserve.
Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash | Proving Negligence
In order to file a claim, you have to prove negligence. This can be challenging but it’s not impossible. Hopefully you took the proper steps following the accident that will help you when you go to file. Immediately after an accident, you should:
- Call 911 and get the police on the scene to make an accident report
- Seek medical assistance either immediately if you’re seriously hurt or later on
- Take photos and videos of the crash scene for evidence later on
- Get the contact information from any witnesses
- Swap insurance and contact information with the other driver involved in the crash
- Contact a New York motorcycle accident lawyer
If you need a dedicated lawyer to help you through your motorcycle accident claim, please contact our office today to get a free consultation with New York personal injury lawyer Brian Elbaum. You will be in good hands.